Power producers gain, Lanco Infratech shares up 4.8% on coal price pooling reports
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
* Shares of private sector Indian power producers gain on media reports the cabinet has given preliminary approval to price coal by averaging prices of domestic and imported coal.
* The measures are intended to bring down coal prices, but details still need to be fleshed out, according to the reports, including from The Economic Times.
* Nomura says price pooling for coal would only impact projects eligible to secure supplies from Coal India Ltd under their respective fuel supply agreements, and hence would only benefit independent power producers such as Lanco Infratech Ltd and Adani Power Ltd.
* The investment bank adds pooling would be neutral to positive for NTPC Ltd and revenue neutral for Coal India Ltd .
* Lanco Infratech shares gain 4.8 percent while Adani Power is up 1.9 percent.
* NTPC shares are down 1.6 percent, while Coal India shares are up 0.4 percent.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today