Power producers gain, Lanco Infratech shares up 4.8% on coal price pooling reports
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
* Shares of private sector Indian power producers gain on media reports the cabinet has given preliminary approval to price coal by averaging prices of domestic and imported coal.
* The measures are intended to bring down coal prices, but details still need to be fleshed out, according to the reports, including from The Economic Times.
* Nomura says price pooling for coal would only impact projects eligible to secure supplies from Coal India Ltd under their respective fuel supply agreements, and hence would only benefit independent power producers such as Lanco Infratech Ltd and Adani Power Ltd.
* The investment bank adds pooling would be neutral to positive for NTPC Ltd and revenue neutral for Coal India Ltd .
* Lanco Infratech shares gain 4.8 percent while Adani Power is up 1.9 percent.
* NTPC shares are down 1.6 percent, while Coal India shares are up 0.4 percent.