Powerful Bomb found in Manipur
- To check pollution, Delhi govt announces curbs on plying of pvt vehicles
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Delhi court orders fresh probe against Jagdish Tytler
- Centre, states must work together for India's progress: PM Modi
- Delhi Assembly passes Jan Lokpal Bill, Kejriwal calls it a 'historic moment'
- Mulayam as PM, Rahul his deputy: Akhilesh's formula for alliance with Congress
A powerful improvised explosive device (IED), which was planted at a roadside, was found at Lamlai area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Friday.
Sources said the bomb with a remote controlled device was detected by a patrol party of police and 30th Assam Rifles personnel on Thursday, adding that it was planted by the militants to attack security and police personnel.
Sources said security personnel frequently passed through the area because some militant outfits were operating at the nearby hills.
- Undertake pay revisions at shorter intervals instead of every 10 years
- Kesavinyas: Impresssion of changing gender and sexuality landscape
- Contrary to the dominant view, development is not a benign caste-free alternative
- Victims of Pakistan’s blasphemy law are mostly the poor and the helpless
- As the climate worsens, will it matter which country was originally to blame?
- BJP setback in local polls may point to a growth model that does not create jobs