Powerful Bomb found in Manipur
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
A powerful improvised explosive device (IED), which was planted at a roadside, was found at Lamlai area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Friday.
Sources said the bomb with a remote controlled device was detected by a patrol party of police and 30th Assam Rifles personnel on Thursday, adding that it was planted by the militants to attack security and police personnel.
Sources said security personnel frequently passed through the area because some militant outfits were operating at the nearby hills.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.