Powerful Bomb found in Manipur
- What benefit did I pass on to Lalit Modi? asks Sushma after controversy
- One Rank, One Pension: Parrikar asks agitating ex-servicemen to be patient
- 29-year-old held for raping mother in Ahmedabad
- Country emerges tough if leader is strong-willed: Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Over 15,000 killed in Naxal violence since 1980: Home Ministry
A powerful improvised explosive device (IED), which was planted at a roadside, was found at Lamlai area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Friday.
Sources said the bomb with a remote controlled device was detected by a patrol party of police and 30th Assam Rifles personnel on Thursday, adding that it was planted by the militants to attack security and police personnel.
Sources said security personnel frequently passed through the area because some militant outfits were operating at the nearby hills.
The bomb was later exploded by police bomb experts at a safe place, sources said.