PowerGrid may set up firm for overseas ops
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Power Grid Corporation of India is considering following oil and gas peer ONGC's lead in setting up a new company for its overseas division, CMD RN Nayak said. PowerGrid is in the process of hiring a consultant to help it decide the future of its overseas business, and has received interest from various major international consultancy agencies, such as PwC and KPMG. It will hire a consultant within the next five to 10 days, Nayak said. It has submitted bids to be a consultant in Montenegro, Ghana, Ukraine, Rwanda and Mozambique.