PPS officers’ seniority list uploaded on website: Govt to HC
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The Punjab government on Wednesday told the Punjab and Haryana High Court that it had finalised the seniority list of Punjab Public Service (PPS) officers and uploaded it on the website concerned.
This information was submitted after the court of Justice R K Garg had termed Punjab's non-compliance in uploading the seniority list on the department's website as highly "contemptuous". Following its directions, Home Secretary D S Bains and IG (Headquarters) Arpit Shukla appeared before the court on Wednesday.
The court had summoned the officers while acting on a petition filed by retired PPS officer Kamal Kumar, who had sought contempt proceedings against Bains for allegedly wilfully and deliberately disobeying a high court order passed on April 10, 2008.
In the ruling, the court had directed the state to compile a seniority list keeping in view the vacancies (not the posts) at the time of recruitment. It had also directed the state to assign the seniority of candidates belonging to reserve categories. The case will now come up for hearing on February 7.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18