Prabhjit stars in Saupinís title win
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
Prabhjit Singh stood to the occasion and the wily bowler grabbed four wickets to steer Saupin's School, Chandigarh to an easy five-wicket victory over Baptist School, Chandigarh in the final to claim the Blessed Edmund under-14 cricket tournament held at the St John's ground in Sector 26 on Friday. Satyam also played a vital role in the team's victory as his all-round show (3 for 14 and 19 runs) was one of the bright spots for the winning team.
Earlier, the Baptist School won the toss and elected to bat first. However, their decision backfired as the team lost wickets on regular intervals and were restricted for paltry score of 90 runs. Karan top scored for the team with 21 runs. Prabhjit bowled well and never allowed the Baptist batsmen to settle down. Along with Satyam, Prabhjit bowled a tidy line and decimated the Baptist batting line-up and cleaned them up.
Chasing the target, the Saupin's team scored 96 for 5 in 18.1 overs. Varun hammered 38 runs off 28 balls to spearhead the team's chase. Manan picked up three wickets for Baptist School.
Angad of St John's was declared the man of the series followed by Varun of Saupin's (best batsman), Prithvi Lohtiya of Saupin's (best fielder) and Hritik of Baptist (best bowler).
Cricket trials tomorrow
PANCHKULA: Satluj Public School, Sector 4, Panchkula will conduct trials on December 16 at 3 pm at the school premises for the selection of the teams for the Satluj Panchkula Premier League. A total of eight teams would be made out of the selected players from the trials. Players born on or after January 1998 are eligible to take part in the trials. Players must be in proper white kits alongwith their original date of birth certificates during trials.
The tournament will be played on 30-over format at the league stage while the semi-finals and final shall be of 35 overs each. For further details and queries, contact Sarpreet Gill at 9501414313 or MGS Sidhu at 9915746100. The tournament will start from December 22.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today