Prachi Desai to play princess in Vikram Bhatt's next '1920'
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Actress Prachi Desai will be seen playing the role of a princess in the third instalment of Vikram Bhatt's horror franchise '1920'.
The 24-year-old, who made a successful transition from television to films with projects like 'Rock On', 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai' and 'Bol Bachchan', says she has never played safe in life.
"I am doing Vikram Bhatt's '1920'. It is a horror film, but I will not be wearing white clothes and coloured lenses or scary make-up. I play a princess in that film. I will have a wide range of looks in the film," Prachi said.
"The film is based in 1920 and we will be shooting in London. I have not done something like this so I am really looking forward to this. It feels good to experiment," Prachi said.
Produced under the ASA banner, the film will also mark the directorial debut of Tinu Suresh Desai. If everything goes as per plan, the film will be released next year.
The actress feels that it is good to keep doing different things. "I have never played safe in my life. My debut film was not safe at all. I was surprised when my director Abhishek Kapoor called me for the film. We were all new, we took a risk and it worked for us. As long as it is a good film, the role is good I don't think anything would stop me," Prachi said.
"'1920' is a successful franchise on its own, so a little of that will rub of on us... on part three. And also people have not seen me in a horror film. It is nice to keep doing
different things," Prachi said.
'1920' (2008) is a horror film written and directed by Vikram Bhatt. The film revolved around the events surrounding a married couple living in a haunted house in the year 1920.
- First of many: Sudipta Sen gets 3 yrs in jail in PF case
- Water supply board, IBM to build ‘IT command centre’
- Ban on SC students protesting lifted by govt
- Oppn trains guns on Akhilesh over Saifai celebrations, relief camp deaths
- Business as usual for top seed
- Mithun Perera, posterboy of Sri Lankan golf, makes a mark
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly