Practice matters for opener Trott
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
In England's first innings, Jonathan Trott had made his way to 46 as he helped himself to the friendly Haryana bowling on Day One.
However, when the former Test bowler Amit Mishra got himself on, Trott was out trying to sweep the leg spinner. On a track that offered little assistance to the bowlers and against an ordinary bowling attack, all of England's top-six helped themselves to a half century or more, except for Trott. On Day Three, the batsman set the record straight.
For a batsman who averaged more than 60 in Tests not too long ago, 2012 has been a bit of a disappointment, as Trott has made just one century with an average under 40 for the year. The England number three's figures also took a hit during a disastrous 3-0 loss to Pakistan in Abu Dhabi earlier in 2012.
So it was understandable that Trott would want to spend as much time out in the middle ahead of the Tests, especially after the previous practice game against Mumbai A saw the middle order batsman get out twice after making starts, for 28 and 30.
After bowling Haryana out for 334 in around 60 overs of the day, Trott walked out to open the innings along with Nick Compton. Trott remained unbeaten on 61 while regular opener Compton too made use of the 38 overs possible to register his second fifty in a row, to turn around a poor start to this tour which began with one run in two innings for him.
Scoring at a rate of 2.6 runs an over, the English batsmen struck 17 boundaries, all kept to the ground, as they spent quality time in the middle before the first Test match on November 15. It was only when both were near their half-centuries that the duo shifted gears and looked aggressive.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today