Prakash, at end of tunnel
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
"There are not many tournaments on the Tour in which I have participated as many times as I have in Chennai and I am waiting to win it this time," Tipsarevic said after the match. Also winning on Wednesday was fourth-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka beat German qualifier Cedrik Marcel-Stebe 6-4, 6-3.
Dutchman Robin Haase, has been the biggest upset in the singles draw so far as the sixth seed was sent out by Slovenia's Aljaz Bedene 7-5 6-3. Haase didn't have his luck in the doubles either as he and his countryman Igor Sijsling put up a listless show against Somdev Devvarman and Sergiy Stakhovsky. After the 7-5 6-3 win, Devvarman and Ukraine's Stakhovsky will play the Ratiwatana twins, who upset second seeds Leander Paes and Roger-Vasselin. Meanwhile, Rohan Bopanna-Rajeev Ram beat Y Lu/G soeda 6-4 6-3 and Mahesh Bhupathi-Daniel Nestor beat Sriram Balaji and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan 6-3 6-0.
Today's key matches:
Singles Round 2: M Cilic vs S Stakhovsky, D Sela vs B Paire, T Berdych vs S Devvarman, R Bautista-Agut vs M Bachinger; Doubles Quarter Final: A Bedene/ B Kavcic vs A Begemann/M Emmrich, R Bopanna /R Ram vs B Paire/S Wawrinka, M Bhupathi/ D Nestor vs R Klaasen/ N Monroe
Live on ten sports from 5pm
Players haven't said they won't play: AITA CEO
The All India Tennis Association (AITA) said on Wednesday that there was no threat of a Davis Cup pull-out by the players ahead of the tie against South Korea in February.
Following a December 30 meeting with the players — who are asking for a greater say in deciding Davis Cup venues and demanding a larger share of revenues — AITA CEO Hiranmoy Chatterjee said that there was no cause for panic and that the players were ready to wait till Monday for a response.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi