Natasa Stankovic is the new item girl in Prakash Jha's Satyagraha
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Filmmaker Prakash Jha has introduced an item number 'Aiyo ji hamri atariya mein' in his upcoming socio-political drama Satyagraha.
Prakash Jha, 61, who is known for hard-hitting subjects in his films, said the song is apt and will add certain sensibilities to the story.
"Such numbers contribute to certain moments and sensibilities. They (dance numbers) help the story too. Maanyata's song helped in establishing the psyche of debased people. In Satyagraha, the item song creates the ambience of affluence and the bonhomie of corrupt people," Jha said.
The item number features model Natasa Stankovic, who will be seen in a thumri-electronic fusion song.
"It is set in a nightclub and dramatically establishes Ajay's rise as a telecommunication czar, with his wheelings and dealings. Natasa is from Croatia but is attuned to Indian dances. She fit the bill and is electric in her performance," the director added.
Starring Amitabh Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor and Ajay Devgn in prominent roles, Satyagraha will hit theatres on August 30.