Pranab Mukherjee concerned over frequent disruptions in Parliament
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
He said the CAG's role arises only when there are aberrations in financial matters.
Mukherjee also underlined the need for more social justice in our society, particularly on issues of gender justice.
The President recalled N K P Salve's contribution to Parliament both as a member of the Lok Sabha and later in the Rajya Sabha. He made a special mention of Salve's initiative in 1978 in suggesting that the Commission of Inquiry Act, 1952 be amended or the matter referred to Committee of the House to sort out some contentious issues.