Pranab says avoid House disruptions
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
Expressing serious concern over the frequent disruptions and lack of adequate time to discuss matters of public interest and importance, President Pranab Mukherjee said there should be a collective thinking on how to avert these situations.
Participating in the diamond jubilee celebrations of the Tamil Nadu Assembly here on Friday, the President chose to use the occasion to flag a few issues which he said were of concern.
Stressing that dissent must be expressed with decency and within the contours and parameters of the parliamentary practices, norms and conventions, the President said, "Disruption should never be allowed to be used as an effective parliamentary intervention."