Pranab visit: PAU decked as bride, guarded like fortress
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
On Sunday, every official in Punjab Agricultural University from a clerk to vice-chancellor was busy like a bee. What kept them preoccupied was President Pranab Mukherjee's visit on November 27 to inaugurate the international conference on 'sustainable agriculture for food and livelihood security' as a part of the ongoing golden jubilee celebrations.
PAU decked up like a bride and was guarded like a fortress on Sunday with activities going on in every nook and corner of the campus.
Police rehearsals following the mandatory protocol were going on. People were also busy in decorating the Pal Auditorium, the main venue, with flowers and banners.
The district administration was busy in cleaning and maintaining the campus. Right from morning, road renovation team renovated all the major roads of the varsity.
"The district administration is doing all this maintenance work, not PAU," said a PAU official from the administrative department.
PAU Vice-Chancellor B S Dhillon said, "We have to follow the protocol which has been sent by Rashtrapati Bhawan. Right from security to cuisine, every detail has been sent from New Delhi. The cuisine will be as per the menu sent by them. Nothing exceptional is being done by varsity except following the protocol."
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner