Pranchiyettan And The Saint still running strong
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
The Ranjith-directed Pranchiyettan And The Saint, which has Mammootty playing the lead role, has become the longest-running Malayalam film in the last five years.
The film recorded this achievement by completing 160 days at the Ramdas theatre in Thrissur. Thus Pranchiyettan… has beaten Happy Husbands, which had run for 150 days in a theatre in Thiruvananthapuram.
Produced under the banner of Capitol Theatres and scripted by Ranjith himself, Pranchiyettan And The Saint is a brilliant satire and Mammootty plays Francis alias Pranchi, a rich merchant hailing from Thrissur. The local dialect too has made the film a big hit in Thrissur, known to be the cultural capital of Kerala.
A thrilled Ranjith said, "It's good to see that such films get accepted. More people now come to the theatres now, which gives out a very positive signal."
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- IS repeat that they are doing these to ensure that we live in a world free of infidels
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities