Pranchiyettan And The Saint still running strong
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The Ranjith-directed Pranchiyettan And The Saint, which has Mammootty playing the lead role, has become the longest-running Malayalam film in the last five years.
The film recorded this achievement by completing 160 days at the Ramdas theatre in Thrissur. Thus Pranchiyettan… has beaten Happy Husbands, which had run for 150 days in a theatre in Thiruvananthapuram.
Produced under the banner of Capitol Theatres and scripted by Ranjith himself, Pranchiyettan And The Saint is a brilliant satire and Mammootty plays Francis alias Pranchi, a rich merchant hailing from Thrissur. The local dialect too has made the film a big hit in Thrissur, known to be the cultural capital of Kerala.
A thrilled Ranjith said, "It's good to see that such films get accepted. More people now come to the theatres now, which gives out a very positive signal."