Pranjay fashions St Johnís triumph
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Led by Pranjay Sharma's blazing 48-ball knock of 83 runs, St John's School, Sector 26, recorded a 95-run win over Dev Samaj School, Sector 21, in a match played during Blessed Edmund Rice Cricket Tournament for Under-17, at St John's School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, on Wednesday.
Batting first, St John's School posted a total of 178 runs for the loss of three wickets in the allotted 20 overs. Pranjay Sharma was in a superlative form as he hammered 83 runs in 48 balls. Vaibahv Kaushik also played a useful knock of 43 runs to propel his team. Pranjay's innings included 14 hits to the fence. In reply, Dev Samaj School could score just 83 runs in the allotted 20 overs. Although Navdeep (40) tried his best to go past the target, but he ran out of partners. Arjun Sharma (2 for 30) and Pratul Chaudhary (2 for 16) were the main wicket-takers for St Jonh's School.
Brief scores: St John's School: 178 for 3 in 20 overs (Pranjay Sharma 83, Vaibhav Kaushik 43, Tushar 2 for 30) beat Dev Samaj School: 83 for 8 in 20 overs (Navdeep 40, Arjun Sharma 2 for 30, Pratul Chaudhary 2 for 16, Pranjay 1 for 10).