Prashant Bhushan to do 2G on coal scam
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Lawyer Prashant Bhushan is likely to approach Supreme Court next week seeking cancellation of the controversial allocation of coal blocks and an independent probe on the lines of the 2G spectrum allocation case he filed.
Bhushan said he is collecting documents regarding the coal block allocation, which the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found fault with, and preparing a detailed complaint.
"Sometime next week, I will be filing it in the Supreme Court. Like in the 2G case, I will be demanding cancellation of the allocation and an independent probe by a Special Investigation Team," he said.
He said an independent probe is necessary and the CBI cannot be entrusted with the investigations as the agency is controlled by the government.
The lawyer had earlier filed a complaint with Supreme Court in the 2G spectrum case seeking cancellation of the licences awarded to several private parties.