Prashant Bhushan to do 2G on coal scam
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
Lawyer Prashant Bhushan is likely to approach Supreme Court next week seeking cancellation of the controversial allocation of coal blocks and an independent probe on the lines of the 2G spectrum allocation case he filed.
Bhushan said he is collecting documents regarding the coal block allocation, which the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found fault with, and preparing a detailed complaint.
"Sometime next week, I will be filing it in the Supreme Court. Like in the 2G case, I will be demanding cancellation of the allocation and an independent probe by a Special Investigation Team," he said.
He said an independent probe is necessary and the CBI cannot be entrusted with the investigations as the agency is controlled by the government.
The lawyer had earlier filed a complaint with Supreme Court in the 2G spectrum case seeking cancellation of the licences awarded to several private parties.