Prashant Bhushan to do 2G on coal scam
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Lawyer Prashant Bhushan is likely to approach Supreme Court next week seeking cancellation of the controversial allocation of coal blocks and an independent probe on the lines of the 2G spectrum allocation case he filed.
Bhushan said he is collecting documents regarding the coal block allocation, which the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found fault with, and preparing a detailed complaint.
"Sometime next week, I will be filing it in the Supreme Court. Like in the 2G case, I will be demanding cancellation of the allocation and an independent probe by a Special Investigation Team," he said.
He said an independent probe is necessary and the CBI cannot be entrusted with the investigations as the agency is controlled by the government.
The lawyer had earlier filed a complaint with Supreme Court in the 2G spectrum case seeking cancellation of the licences awarded to several private parties.