Pratibha Patil visits ailing Bal Thackeray
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Raj makes fifth visit in a month
Even as Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's health continued to be a cause of concern with teams of doctors keeping round-the-clock watch on him, nephew and MNS chief Raj Thackeray called on him on Saturday afternoon. In the evening, former President Pratibha Patil also visited Balasaheb's Bandra residence.
Thackeray's health deteriorated around 10 days back and a team of six doctors is keeping a close watch on him, said sources.
This is Raj's fifth visit in a month and it has sparked speculation of a patch-up between the warring cousins.
Thackeray was hospitalised earlier this year with severe stomach pain and he was suggested an endoscopy by Hyderabad-based interventional gastroenterologist Dr Nageshwar Reddy. The family, however, deferred the decision after preliminary meeting with the doctor. He was hospitalised twice this year, in February and in May.
A pre-recorded statement of Thackeray was aired to Shiv Sainiks during the party's annual Dussehra rally in which he virtually announced his retirement.