Pratibha Patil visits ailing Bal Thackeray
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Raj makes fifth visit in a month
Even as Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's health continued to be a cause of concern with teams of doctors keeping round-the-clock watch on him, nephew and MNS chief Raj Thackeray called on him on Saturday afternoon. In the evening, former President Pratibha Patil also visited Balasaheb's Bandra residence.
Thackeray's health deteriorated around 10 days back and a team of six doctors is keeping a close watch on him, said sources.
This is Raj's fifth visit in a month and it has sparked speculation of a patch-up between the warring cousins.
Thackeray was hospitalised earlier this year with severe stomach pain and he was suggested an endoscopy by Hyderabad-based interventional gastroenterologist Dr Nageshwar Reddy. The family, however, deferred the decision after preliminary meeting with the doctor. He was hospitalised twice this year, in February and in May.
A pre-recorded statement of Thackeray was aired to Shiv Sainiks during the party's annual Dussehra rally in which he virtually announced his retirement.