Prayers answered: Sreesanth’s parents
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
In Kochi the family of Sreesanth heaved a huge sigh of relief as he took the catch of danger man Misbah-ul Haq in heart stopping final of Twenty20 World Cup. "Our prayers have been answered," said the elated parents. Sreesanth's mother Savithri Devi said: "There was tension when Sree gave away a lot of runs. He took the crucial catch due to which India won the final and we thank God for it." Santhakumaran Nair, Sreesanth's father, said he was very happy with the team's performance. The cricketer's parents had offered prayers at various temples in Kochi. Special poojas were also held for the team at the famous Guruvayoor temple.
In Chandigarh, before the final, Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj Singh had said: "Yuvraj is concentrating and focusing like Arjun (as in Mahabharat) for the all important final. The only target before him now is to make India victorious."