Prayers answered: Sreesanth’s parents
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In Kochi the family of Sreesanth heaved a huge sigh of relief as he took the catch of danger man Misbah-ul Haq in heart stopping final of Twenty20 World Cup. "Our prayers have been answered," said the elated parents. Sreesanth's mother Savithri Devi said: "There was tension when Sree gave away a lot of runs. He took the crucial catch due to which India won the final and we thank God for it." Santhakumaran Nair, Sreesanth's father, said he was very happy with the team's performance. The cricketer's parents had offered prayers at various temples in Kochi. Special poojas were also held for the team at the famous Guruvayoor temple.
In Chandigarh, before the final, Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj Singh had said: "Yuvraj is concentrating and focusing like Arjun (as in Mahabharat) for the all important final. The only target before him now is to make India victorious."