Prayers answered: Sreesanth’s parents
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
In Kochi the family of Sreesanth heaved a huge sigh of relief as he took the catch of danger man Misbah-ul Haq in heart stopping final of Twenty20 World Cup. "Our prayers have been answered," said the elated parents. Sreesanth's mother Savithri Devi said: "There was tension when Sree gave away a lot of runs. He took the crucial catch due to which India won the final and we thank God for it." Santhakumaran Nair, Sreesanth's father, said he was very happy with the team's performance. The cricketer's parents had offered prayers at various temples in Kochi. Special poojas were also held for the team at the famous Guruvayoor temple.
In Chandigarh, before the final, Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj Singh had said: "Yuvraj is concentrating and focusing like Arjun (as in Mahabharat) for the all important final. The only target before him now is to make India victorious."