Prayers answered: Sreesanth’s parents
- ICC World Twenty20: Sri Lanka end 18-year wait
- Congress alone can counter BJP's "divisive ideology": Manmohan Singh
- Criminal case against Amit Shah, a calculated design: BJP
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights" in UP: Modi
- April 6 Campaign roundup: Mulayam, Mayawati, Kejriwal dreaming of becoming PM, says Kalyan Singh
In Kochi the family of Sreesanth heaved a huge sigh of relief as he took the catch of danger man Misbah-ul Haq in heart stopping final of Twenty20 World Cup. "Our prayers have been answered," said the elated parents. Sreesanth's mother Savithri Devi said: "There was tension when Sree gave away a lot of runs. He took the crucial catch due to which India won the final and we thank God for it." Santhakumaran Nair, Sreesanth's father, said he was very happy with the team's performance. The cricketer's parents had offered prayers at various temples in Kochi. Special poojas were also held for the team at the famous Guruvayoor temple.
In Chandigarh, before the final, Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj Singh had said: "Yuvraj is concentrating and focusing like Arjun (as in Mahabharat) for the all important final. The only target before him now is to make India victorious."
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death