Prayers answered: Sreesanth’s parents
In Kochi the family of Sreesanth heaved a huge sigh of relief as he took the catch of danger man Misbah-ul Haq in heart stopping final of Twenty20 World Cup. "Our prayers have been answered," said the elated parents. Sreesanth's mother Savithri Devi said: "There was tension when Sree gave away a lot of runs. He took the crucial catch due to which India won the final and we thank God for it." Santhakumaran Nair, Sreesanth's father, said he was very happy with the team's performance. The cricketer's parents had offered prayers at various temples in Kochi. Special poojas were also held for the team at the famous Guruvayoor temple.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia