Prayers for Bal Thackeray in Pune
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
Several Sainiks broke down while offering prayers. "I have been his follower since childhood. My parents worked for the Sena all their life...We are saddened by news of his poor health. We offered prayers for his well-being...," said a Sainik, Ramesh Sawant, at the Dagdusheth temple.
A party worker recalled his efforts to get a glimpse of Thackeray during his visit to the city. "The party supremo rarely moves out of Mumbai and the moment we got to know he was arriving in city on a personal visit, I along with other party workers somehow managed to get a glimpse of him last year. It was our happiest moment..." said Avinash Barttake.