- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
As a maverick, jewellery artist Eina Ahluwalia has always believed in doing things differently. While most jewellery designers have played up just the design element, Ahluwalia has successfully blended art with design. At a time when every other brand and designer has come up with an offer to tap into the commercial potential of Valentine's Day, this conceptual jeweller has come up with a campaign to launch her latest collection. In keeping with the recent protests condemning violence against women, she has put together a video called Man Up which urges men to not just love women but to respect them.
"I believe that one can't love a woman without respecting her. Respect is a starting point and the love follows. So, when I was working on this V-Day collection, it occurred to me that I needed something more than the usual and that's how this video came about," she explains. The one-and-a-half minute video has four men of different age groups relaying the message that it isn't masculine — rather it is weak and cowardly — to control women and commit crimes against them. In order to make her message more prominent, Ahluwalia has designed a range of ornate brooches, neckpieces, earrings and bangles that spell out the words "love", "respect" and "protect".
"Violence against women has been one of the core issues that I have addressed through my work. As I delved deeper into these issues, I realised that one of the biggest missing links is respect — respect as a human being more than even as a woman. If women were treated with a minimum of respect, we would have a much safer world," she asserts. We couldn't agree more.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today