Preeti Jhangiani makes comeback, promotes upcoming Punjabi flick
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Preeti Jhangiani, the actress who got fame after playing the role of a young widow in Yash Chopra's Mohabbatein almost 13 years back, is now making a comeback with Punjabi film Bikkar Bai Senti Mental.
The actress, who is also doing a Bengali film Mistake and Kannada film Tony, was in the city on Sunday to promote her Punjabi movie which is to be released on April 19. Singer-turned-actor Jassi Jasraj is playing the lead opposite Preeti.
Preeti cited her family commitments — she has an infant son — for her break of two years.
Talking about her character Jeeti in the film, she said, "Jeeti's character is very close to my heart. She is a strong woman, the rock support of her adamant husband who dares to challenge set rules. Every woman will be able to relate to her."
Preeti plays the role of a woman who marries against the wishes of her parents. "Like many other Punjabi women, my character finds herself in a situation where she has to be rock support of her husband, Bikkar Bai, played by Jassi Jasraj," she said.
Jassi added that the movie was set in the times when every Punjabi had a question to ask, but it was subsided under societal pressure. "It's a not-to-be missed family entertainer complete with love, drama, action and romance," he said.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words