Preeti Jhangiani makes comeback, promotes upcoming Punjabi flick
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Preeti Jhangiani, the actress who got fame after playing the role of a young widow in Yash Chopra's Mohabbatein almost 13 years back, is now making a comeback with Punjabi film Bikkar Bai Senti Mental.
The actress, who is also doing a Bengali film Mistake and Kannada film Tony, was in the city on Sunday to promote her Punjabi movie which is to be released on April 19. Singer-turned-actor Jassi Jasraj is playing the lead opposite Preeti.
Preeti cited her family commitments — she has an infant son — for her break of two years.
Talking about her character Jeeti in the film, she said, "Jeeti's character is very close to my heart. She is a strong woman, the rock support of her adamant husband who dares to challenge set rules. Every woman will be able to relate to her."
Preeti plays the role of a woman who marries against the wishes of her parents. "Like many other Punjabi women, my character finds herself in a situation where she has to be rock support of her husband, Bikkar Bai, played by Jassi Jasraj," she said.
Jassi added that the movie was set in the times when every Punjabi had a question to ask, but it was subsided under societal pressure. "It's a not-to-be missed family entertainer complete with love, drama, action and romance," he said.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?