Preeti on debut book on crime and punishment
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
"My dream of authoring a crime thriller has finally come true after five years,'' said Preeti Singh, whose debut book 'Flirting with Fate' was released on Saturday by writer Vivek Atray.
Talking about the book, Singh explained that the story was set in the '80s in Shimla, when there were no laptops or mobiles, but only Fiat cars, landlines and Doordarshan. "This thriller is a journey of a young boy and chronicles his years from childhood to youth. Anand, the boy tries to flirt with fate, but is finally defeated and pays for his crimes, ultimately emphasising the theme of the book -- you reap what you sow," she added.
The author agrees that it was challenging to pen a crime thriller and narrate the story of a man and developing so many characters was also a task.