Preeti on debut book on crime and punishment
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
"My dream of authoring a crime thriller has finally come true after five years,'' said Preeti Singh, whose debut book 'Flirting with Fate' was released on Saturday by writer Vivek Atray.
Talking about the book, Singh explained that the story was set in the '80s in Shimla, when there were no laptops or mobiles, but only Fiat cars, landlines and Doordarshan. "This thriller is a journey of a young boy and chronicles his years from childhood to youth. Anand, the boy tries to flirt with fate, but is finally defeated and pays for his crimes, ultimately emphasising the theme of the book -- you reap what you sow," she added.
The author agrees that it was challenging to pen a crime thriller and narrate the story of a man and developing so many characters was also a task.