Pregnant Dalit woman gangraped in Haryana
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A pregnant Dalit woman was allegedly abducted and raped by two youths in Kalyat area of the district in the 15th incident of sexual assault on women within a month in Haryana.
The two accused, Rakesh and Pawan, were arrested today after a case of rape was registered against them on the basis of statement made by the 19-year-old victim about the incident yesterday, SP (Kaithal) Kuldeep Singh Yadav said.
"The girl was medically examined, and the possibility of sexual assault cannot be ruled out. It was also revealed that she was five months pregnant," the SP said.
"When we enquired from the family about this, they said she was married and was staying with them for past some days," Yadav said.
During the investigations, it came to light that the girl had made a call to one of her rapists in the wee hours after which the two met, he said.
"The girl and the two arrested youths knew each other well. We are making further investigations and have registered a case on the complaint of the girl," he said.
The victim had made the statement before the magistrate and levelled charges of rape against the accused.
This is the 15th incident of sexual assault during the past one month on women that include many teenaged girls in various parts of Haryana.