Pregnant Dalit woman gangraped in Haryana
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
A pregnant Dalit woman was allegedly abducted and raped by two youths in Kalyat area of the district in the 15th incident of sexual assault on women within a month in Haryana.
The two accused, Rakesh and Pawan, were arrested today after a case of rape was registered against them on the basis of statement made by the 19-year-old victim about the incident yesterday, SP (Kaithal) Kuldeep Singh Yadav said.
"The girl was medically examined, and the possibility of sexual assault cannot be ruled out. It was also revealed that she was five months pregnant," the SP said.
"When we enquired from the family about this, they said she was married and was staying with them for past some days," Yadav said.
During the investigations, it came to light that the girl had made a call to one of her rapists in the wee hours after which the two met, he said.
"The girl and the two arrested youths knew each other well. We are making further investigations and have registered a case on the complaint of the girl," he said.
The victim had made the statement before the magistrate and levelled charges of rape against the accused.
This is the 15th incident of sexual assault during the past one month on women that include many teenaged girls in various parts of Haryana.
- Rohit Shekhar biological son of N D Tiwari: HC
- Shazia Ilmi courts controversy, says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
- Alliance led by Sena, BJP will win 35 seats in Maharashtra, says Munde
- Black money: SC raps govt for not sharing info from Germany
- Delhi confidential: Power play
- Advisory unchanged, India to continue screening Haj pilgrims