Pregnant Kate back home; Harry plans baby bash in Las Vegas
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
She was discharged from the King Edward VII Hospital in central London following three nights under observation and will now head to Kensington Palace for a period of rest, St James's Palace said.
Kate, 30, emerged from the private hospital looking relaxed, carrying a bouquet of yellow flowers and giving a brief smile to the waiting press before being driven away with William.
"I'm feeling much better thank you," she told waiting reporters before zipping away.
Kate, who is less than 12 weeks pregnant, will now spend time at the couple's London home to recuperate.
She was admitted on Monday after developing the condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum, and was suffering from the effects of dehydration, the Daily Mail said.
"Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank the staff at the hospital for the care and treatment the Duchess has received," St James Palace spokesman said.
Messages of support have been sent from leading figures both at home and abroad, and massed ranks of the world's media have been camped out on the pavement outside the London hospital since the news was announced.
The Prime Minister was among the first to congratulate the royal couple on Twitter. "I'm delighted... They will make wonderful parents," David Cameron said.
Labour leader Ed Miliband tweeted: "A royal baby is something the whole nation will celebrate."
The Duchess's appearance came as the furore over the hoax call that duped a nurse into revealing details about her health continues.
Two Australian radio disc jockeys impersonating Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles placed a prank call to the hospital early yesterday, and persuaded a nurse to tell them all about the Duchess' condition.
Prince Harry plans baby bash in Las Vegas
After his infamous naked romp in Las Vegas earlier this year, Prince Harry is reportedly planning to head back to the Sin City for a 'wild boys-only bash' to celebrate the announcement of a royal baby.
Prince Harry was "delighted" by the news of his sister-in-law, Kate Middleton's much-awaited pregnancy announcement this week.
However, friends say the Duchess of Cambridge could be embarrassed if the 28-year-old overdoes the baby celebrations, the 'Daily Star' reported.
The new arrival will be third in line to the throne after Prince Charles and Prince William.
Harry, currently serving as a helicopter pilot in the Army Air Corps in Afghanistan, made headlines when he was snapped nude in a game of strip billiards at his hotel in Las Vegas, causing much embarassment to the royal family in UK.
He is said to be itching to repeat his August trip when he completes his current tour of duty in Afghanistan, the paper said.
"A lot of the boys are trying to get Harry to go on another trip to Vegas when their service is done," a US military source said.
Las Vegas is already keen to welcome him back after the city hit a jackpot when the royal's last visit boosted its economy by a whopping 14 million pounds.