Pregnant woman, 2-yr-old son killed, owner booked
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
A pregnant woman and her two-year-old son were killed on Friday night after the wall of a factory collapsed, following which the roof of their residence in Model Town caved in, due to rain and dust storm.
The police on Saturday booked factory owner Shabir and registered a case against him under Sections 304 (death due to negligence), 337 and 338 of the IPC.
Nisha (28), who was three-month pregnant, and her son Kaalu (2) died in the incident. The roof of their home collapsed, after a wall of the factory situated behind their residence collapsed. The incident led to the death of the lady and her son, while her husband Satish, who is a labourer was not present at home at that time. Reportedly, the 4-year-old daugther of the deceased, Guddu, sustained injuries.
According to one of the eyewitnesses, around 7 pm on Friday, when it rained, the wall of the factory began to crack and later fell on the roof of deceased's home.
Neighbours rushed to rescue the victims from the debris and informed the police, as well. But, they were unsuccessful. ACP (east) Satish Malhotra also reached the spot and visited the civil hospital where Guddu was admitted and the post mortem examinations were conducted.