Pregnant woman resists assault
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Three men allegedly tried to rape a pregnant woman near the railway tracks at the Salem Tabri area of Ludhiana late on Friday night. They were, however, thwarted by the woman's husband. The three then thrashed the husband and wife, police said. The woman was rushed to CMC hospital, where she is undergoing treatment for severe head injuries while her husband sustained minor injures. The railway police have registered a case of molestation and thrashing against the three unidentified accused. Inspector Gurnam Singh, SHO railway police, said efforts were on to trace the accused.