Pregnant woman resists assault
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7: KKR seal thriller in Sharjah
Three men allegedly tried to rape a pregnant woman near the railway tracks at the Salem Tabri area of Ludhiana late on Friday night. They were, however, thwarted by the woman's husband. The three then thrashed the husband and wife, police said. The woman was rushed to CMC hospital, where she is undergoing treatment for severe head injuries while her husband sustained minor injures. The railway police have registered a case of molestation and thrashing against the three unidentified accused. Inspector Gurnam Singh, SHO railway police, said efforts were on to trace the accused.