Preity Zinta faces arrest over bounced cheque, non-bailable warrant issued
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
The local metropolitan magistrate's court at Andheri on Thursday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Bollywood actress Preity Zinta in connection with a cheque bouncing case.
"The court has issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Zinta today," confirmed her lawyer Ratneshwar Jha.
Jha said that he told the court that Zinta was out of the country, but the court issued the non-bailable arrest warrant against her.
"We will move the court to cancel the warrant or we will move the Bombay High Court and file a writ," Jha added.
The cheque bouncing case was filed by Abbas Tyrewala, dialogue writer of the movie 'Ishkq in Paris', released last year, after a cheque of Rs 18.9 lakh bounced.
It may be recalled that during the last hearing, the court had imposed a fine of Rs 5000 on Preity Zinta for non-appearance and the non-bailable arrest warrant has been issued, since she did not turn up in court on Thursday.