Premier Inn checks in
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
Hospitality sector is witnessing growth in the city, with a host of new hotels making a beeline in various parts of the city, particularly in the Kharadi-Mundhawa belt. The latest launch was Premier Inn, from UK's largest budget hotel chain Whitbread Hotels and Restarurants International.
Shwetank Singh, vice-president, sales and operations, Premier Inn, South Asia, said the hotel was launched in Kharadi after a conducting adequate research.
"It showed that there has been positive growth in Pune's hotel industry. This is the reason why we opted for Pune to be the 3rd city where we launched our operations in India."
Premier Inn Hotels already has operations in Delhi and Bangalore. "In Kharadi area the occupancy of the hotels is between 50-60 per cent which is pretty comfortable. The positive demographics is helping in the growth of hotel industry business," Singh said adding hospitality business is a long gestation business, but hotel industry in Pune is doing quite well.
Singh said the positive demographics has contributed to the growth of hospitality business. "The Pune property is built at Rs 50 crore and has facilities such as prefabricated POD bathrooms," he said.
Gary Colin Barrass, technical director of UNIPODS, an offsite construction company, said that the company will provide the customised bathrooms to Premier Inn property in Pune.
"A POD is a highly mechanised, pre-assembled, fully plumbed bathroom ready for installation at the site. Apart from ensuring high quality, customisation, acceleration of construction timeline, light-weight environment friendly and cost efficiency, PODs offer the perfect plug and play concept wherein a fully assembled bathroom is installed before the facade of the building is completed," Sanjeev Jain, vice president, technical and projects, Premier Inn, South Asia said.
Singh said the company hopes the business in the hotel industry will improve due to traction in hospitality sector in the city.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat