Premji transfers Rs 12,300 cr Wipro stock to trust
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Wipro chairman Azim Premji on Friday said that he has transferred 295.5 million equity shares, representing 12 per cent of the total shares of the company, held by certain entities controlled by him, to an irrevocable trust.
With this transfer, valued at Rs 12,300 crore, the trust's shareholding in Wipro will go up to 19.93 per cent.
The trust will utilise the endowment to fund various social, not-for-profit initiatives of the Azim Premji Foundation, which are expected to scale significantly over the next few years, Wipro said. The foundation started in 2001, works with the aim of collaborating with various state governments to improve the public schooling system.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today