Preserve answersheets of meritorious students: Prof
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A Panjab University (PU) faculty member has urged university authorities to preserve the answer-sheets of extraordinary students, which can act as a guide for other students, as part of efforts to improve academic efficiency in higher education.
In a letter to PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover on Friday, fellow and dean of the Dairy, Animal Husbandry and Agriculture department Dr Dalip Kumar has highlighted that there are certain extraordinary meritorious students at the under-graduate and post-graduate level who attempt their question papers so well that the examiner, acknowledging their knowledge and skill, cannot help but award them the highest marks in a particular paper.
Dr Singh has suggested that it will be a rewarding and healthy exercise if the varsity would make efforts to collect such answer sheets. The worth of the student's attempt can be assessed by a committee of subject professors after formulating certain parameters for such assessment. If found worthy of a model, that answer sheet may be uploaded under link Model Answer Papers on Home Page of the University's web site for the guidance of other students, the letter reads.