Preserve answersheets of meritorious students: Prof
- Elections 2014 Live: Trinamool Congress workers beat up election officials in West Bengal
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
A Panjab University (PU) faculty member has urged university authorities to preserve the answer-sheets of extraordinary students, which can act as a guide for other students, as part of efforts to improve academic efficiency in higher education.
In a letter to PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover on Friday, fellow and dean of the Dairy, Animal Husbandry and Agriculture department Dr Dalip Kumar has highlighted that there are certain extraordinary meritorious students at the under-graduate and post-graduate level who attempt their question papers so well that the examiner, acknowledging their knowledge and skill, cannot help but award them the highest marks in a particular paper.
Dr Singh has suggested that it will be a rewarding and healthy exercise if the varsity would make efforts to collect such answer sheets. The worth of the student's attempt can be assessed by a committee of subject professors after formulating certain parameters for such assessment. If found worthy of a model, that answer sheet may be uploaded under link Model Answer Papers on Home Page of the University's web site for the guidance of other students, the letter reads.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi