Preserve answersheets of meritorious students: Prof
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A Panjab University (PU) faculty member has urged university authorities to preserve the answer-sheets of extraordinary students, which can act as a guide for other students, as part of efforts to improve academic efficiency in higher education.
In a letter to PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover on Friday, fellow and dean of the Dairy, Animal Husbandry and Agriculture department Dr Dalip Kumar has highlighted that there are certain extraordinary meritorious students at the under-graduate and post-graduate level who attempt their question papers so well that the examiner, acknowledging their knowledge and skill, cannot help but award them the highest marks in a particular paper.
Dr Singh has suggested that it will be a rewarding and healthy exercise if the varsity would make efforts to collect such answer sheets. The worth of the student's attempt can be assessed by a committee of subject professors after formulating certain parameters for such assessment. If found worthy of a model, that answer sheet may be uploaded under link Model Answer Papers on Home Page of the University's web site for the guidance of other students, the letter reads.