Preserve answersheets of meritorious students: Prof
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
A Panjab University (PU) faculty member has urged university authorities to preserve the answer-sheets of extraordinary students, which can act as a guide for other students, as part of efforts to improve academic efficiency in higher education.
In a letter to PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover on Friday, fellow and dean of the Dairy, Animal Husbandry and Agriculture department Dr Dalip Kumar has highlighted that there are certain extraordinary meritorious students at the under-graduate and post-graduate level who attempt their question papers so well that the examiner, acknowledging their knowledge and skill, cannot help but award them the highest marks in a particular paper.
Dr Singh has suggested that it will be a rewarding and healthy exercise if the varsity would make efforts to collect such answer sheets. The worth of the student's attempt can be assessed by a committee of subject professors after formulating certain parameters for such assessment. If found worthy of a model, that answer sheet may be uploaded under link Model Answer Papers on Home Page of the University's web site for the guidance of other students, the letter reads.