Preserve answersheets of meritorious students: Prof
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A Panjab University (PU) faculty member has urged university authorities to preserve the answer-sheets of extraordinary students, which can act as a guide for other students, as part of efforts to improve academic efficiency in higher education.
In a letter to PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover on Friday, fellow and dean of the Dairy, Animal Husbandry and Agriculture department Dr Dalip Kumar has highlighted that there are certain extraordinary meritorious students at the under-graduate and post-graduate level who attempt their question papers so well that the examiner, acknowledging their knowledge and skill, cannot help but award them the highest marks in a particular paper.
Dr Singh has suggested that it will be a rewarding and healthy exercise if the varsity would make efforts to collect such answer sheets. The worth of the student's attempt can be assessed by a committee of subject professors after formulating certain parameters for such assessment. If found worthy of a model, that answer sheet may be uploaded under link Model Answer Papers on Home Page of the University's web site for the guidance of other students, the letter reads.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today