Presidency jail warden show-caused
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
The warden of Presidency Correctional Home has been sent a showcause notice after he was frisked and found to be allegedly carrying Rs 10,000 for someone inside the prison Saturday.
The accused, Ramkrishna Jana, has been sent a "showcause notice because he couldn't provide any satisfactory explanation as to why he was carrying the money, and for whom," a senior jail official said. He added that there are several high-profile prisoners lodged in Presidency and smuggling of money, such as in this case, sent out a wrong message as far as goings-on inside the prison was concerned.
"It will not be difficult for anyone to conclude that recovery of mobile phones, narcotic substances and even razors from the prisoners' possession are because a section of jail officials are hand in glove with them," he said.