Presidency jail warden show-caused
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
The warden of Presidency Correctional Home has been sent a showcause notice after he was frisked and found to be allegedly carrying Rs 10,000 for someone inside the prison Saturday.
The accused, Ramkrishna Jana, has been sent a "showcause notice because he couldn't provide any satisfactory explanation as to why he was carrying the money, and for whom," a senior jail official said. He added that there are several high-profile prisoners lodged in Presidency and smuggling of money, such as in this case, sent out a wrong message as far as goings-on inside the prison was concerned.
"It will not be difficult for anyone to conclude that recovery of mobile phones, narcotic substances and even razors from the prisoners' possession are because a section of jail officials are hand in glove with them," he said.
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized