President deserves praise for rejecting Afzal Guru mercy petition: Yashwant Sinha
- Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS, it will be detrimental
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha congratulated President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting the mercy petition of terrorist Afzal Guru, who was hanged on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference here Sinha said, the President deserved praise for rejecting the mercy petition.
"The President's action is a clear signal that terrorists have no place in the country."
Responding to a question on whether the President acted under Opposition pressure, Sinha said, the Supreme Court upheld the verdict of death penalty of the terrorist in 2006 and he did not find any reason why the hanging was kept pending for such a long period.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore