President Pranab Mukherjee arrives on two-day Meghalaya, Assam visit
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday on a two-day visit to Meghalaya and Assam.
He was received by Governor J B Patnaik at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport.
The President arrived in a special IAF aircraft and directly left for Shillong by a helicopterr.
In Meghalaya, the President will address the members of the state assembly today in Shillong. Tomorrow, he is scheduled to inaugurate the Innovation Club and attend the North-Eastern Hill University convocation, according to official sources.
Arriving here tomorrow in Assam, Mukherjee will inaugurate a national seminar `Continuing Legal Education and Children' and 'Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012'.
The seminar is organised by the Bar Council of Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to mark the closing of its golden jubilee celebrations.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer