Presidentís medal for 4 IGPs
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Four IPS officers, all of them IGPs, have been selected for the President's medal for distinguished services and meritorious work in Gujarat Police. The medals will be awarded to the officers on the Republic Day.
Ahmedabad Crime Branch chief Arun Kumar Sharma and Rajkot Range IGP Pravin Sinha have been selected for their distinguished services.
Sharma and his team had recently cracked a case wherein four alleged ISI agents from Gujarat and Rajasthan were arrested for allegedly passing on sensitive information from the army cantonments in the state.
IPS officers Anupam Singh Gehlot and Shamsher Singh have been selected for their meritorious service. Gehlot was the SP of Mehsana during the 2002 riots and was among the police officers who had taken steps to control riots in their respective areas.
Singh was on central deputation in Delhi where he worked for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
DySPs Mahavir Raol and Bhailal Patel from Mehsana and Bhavnagar respectively and inspector Ketan Parekh of the State Reserve Police Force in Vadodara will receive medals for their meritorious services along with two sub-inspectors, five ASIs and four constables.