Presidentís medal for 4 IGPs
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Four IPS officers, all of them IGPs, have been selected for the President's medal for distinguished services and meritorious work in Gujarat Police. The medals will be awarded to the officers on the Republic Day.
Ahmedabad Crime Branch chief Arun Kumar Sharma and Rajkot Range IGP Pravin Sinha have been selected for their distinguished services.
Sharma and his team had recently cracked a case wherein four alleged ISI agents from Gujarat and Rajasthan were arrested for allegedly passing on sensitive information from the army cantonments in the state.
IPS officers Anupam Singh Gehlot and Shamsher Singh have been selected for their meritorious service. Gehlot was the SP of Mehsana during the 2002 riots and was among the police officers who had taken steps to control riots in their respective areas.
Singh was on central deputation in Delhi where he worked for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
DySPs Mahavir Raol and Bhailal Patel from Mehsana and Bhavnagar respectively and inspector Ketan Parekh of the State Reserve Police Force in Vadodara will receive medals for their meritorious services along with two sub-inspectors, five ASIs and four constables.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress