Presidentís medal for 4 IGPs
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Four IPS officers, all of them IGPs, have been selected for the President's medal for distinguished services and meritorious work in Gujarat Police. The medals will be awarded to the officers on the Republic Day.
Ahmedabad Crime Branch chief Arun Kumar Sharma and Rajkot Range IGP Pravin Sinha have been selected for their distinguished services.
Sharma and his team had recently cracked a case wherein four alleged ISI agents from Gujarat and Rajasthan were arrested for allegedly passing on sensitive information from the army cantonments in the state.
IPS officers Anupam Singh Gehlot and Shamsher Singh have been selected for their meritorious service. Gehlot was the SP of Mehsana during the 2002 riots and was among the police officers who had taken steps to control riots in their respective areas.
Singh was on central deputation in Delhi where he worked for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
DySPs Mahavir Raol and Bhailal Patel from Mehsana and Bhavnagar respectively and inspector Ketan Parekh of the State Reserve Police Force in Vadodara will receive medals for their meritorious services along with two sub-inspectors, five ASIs and four constables.