Presidentís medal for 875 police, paramilitary men
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Thirty CISF personnel have been decorated with Presidents Police Medal. Those awarded include Deputy Inspector General Sudhir Kumar, Inspector General Pramod Phalnikar and Deputy Commandant I S Banyala.
Delhi Police on Friday announced that 21 personnel will receive awards on Republic Day. While Constable Naresh Kumar has been posthumously decorated with President's Police Medal for Gallantry, three others have been awarded the President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service. Joint Commissioner of Police Ashok Chand, known for forming the Special Cell, is among those conferred the medal. Seventeen policemen have been awarded with Police Medal for Meritorious Service, including Joint CP Nuzhat Hassan, Joint CP G C Dwivedi, SHO of Tughlaq Road police station Madan Gopal.