President’s rule likely as Munda quits, Cong wary
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Hemant Soren may not face the going easy even within his own party should the chief ministership come to him. Four outgoing ministers of the party, including Health Minister Hemlal Murmu, have said they preferred fresh elections. "I think we should now go back to strengthening the party and get ready for fresh elections instead of trying to form another government," he said.
The JMM's attempts to form a new government are also driven by a desire to keep Babulal Marandi's Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) — a natural enemy fighting for the same turf - away from a pre-poll alliance with the Congress.