President to visit Birbhum next week
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
President Pranab Mukherjee will pay a two-day visit to Birbhum, his home district, from December 18. District Magistrate Jagdish Prasad Meena said Mukherjee would reach Santiniketan by helicopter on December 18 afternoon and attend two programmes there. After spending the night at the university guest house, he would go to Suri Vidyasagar College, from where he graduated, and would be felicitated.
He would return to Santiniketan from Suri and attend two more programmes in Visva-Bharati, Meena said.
Visva Bharati authorities said the President is scheduled to attend the special prayer in the heritage glass temple at Santiniketan on Tuesday and would take part in an interaction with teachers.