President's plane develops problem, flight delayed
A technical problem detected in the special aircraft of President Pratibha Patil as the IAF Boeing 737 was being readied for takeoff on Wednesday from the NSC Bose International airport here delayed her departure to Pune.
Airport sources said the pilot of the VVIP flight noticed signs of some problem in the cockpit panel while it was still at the tarmac. Details awaited.
The aircraft was thoroughly checked and cleared to fly with the President on board at 11.11 am, airport sources said. The plane was scheduled to take off at 10.20 am.
Sources said Patil remained in the aircraft while the checks were being carried out.
The President had come to Visva-Bharati University at Santiniketan to participate in the programmes commemorating 150th birth anniversary of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since