President's plane develops problem, flight delayed
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A technical problem detected in the special aircraft of President Pratibha Patil as the IAF Boeing 737 was being readied for takeoff on Wednesday from the NSC Bose International airport here delayed her departure to Pune.
Airport sources said the pilot of the VVIP flight noticed signs of some problem in the cockpit panel while it was still at the tarmac. Details awaited.
The aircraft was thoroughly checked and cleared to fly with the President on board at 11.11 am, airport sources said. The plane was scheduled to take off at 10.20 am.
Sources said Patil remained in the aircraft while the checks were being carried out.
The President had come to Visva-Bharati University at Santiniketan to participate in the programmes commemorating 150th birth anniversary of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
Governor MK Narayanan, two state ministers and other senior officials of state government were present at the airport to see her off.