President's plane develops problem, flight delayed
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
A technical problem detected in the special aircraft of President Pratibha Patil as the IAF Boeing 737 was being readied for takeoff on Wednesday from the NSC Bose International airport here delayed her departure to Pune.
Airport sources said the pilot of the VVIP flight noticed signs of some problem in the cockpit panel while it was still at the tarmac. Details awaited.
The aircraft was thoroughly checked and cleared to fly with the President on board at 11.11 am, airport sources said. The plane was scheduled to take off at 10.20 am.
Sources said Patil remained in the aircraft while the checks were being carried out.
The President had come to Visva-Bharati University at Santiniketan to participate in the programmes commemorating 150th birth anniversary of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage