President's son takes oath as MP
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP distances itself from Giriraj Singh over his Pak remarks; Modi takes a jibe at 'Shehzada' again
Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, today took oath as a first time member of the Lok Sabha.
Abhijit, who won the bye-election to the Jangipur Parliamentary constituency, took oath in English and in the name of God.
The bypoll was necessitated as the seat fell vacant following the election of Pranab Mukherjee as the President of India.
Abhijit won the bypoll as a Congress candidate. Earlier, he was a first-term member of the West Bengal Assembly.
BJP leader Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand, also took oath as member of the Lower House.
Shah, also a first-term member, won the bypoll which was necessitated as the Tehri Garhwal seat fell vacant after the resignation of Vijay Bahuguna who was named as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.