President's son takes oath as MP
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, today took oath as a first time member of the Lok Sabha.
Abhijit, who won the bye-election to the Jangipur Parliamentary constituency, took oath in English and in the name of God.
The bypoll was necessitated as the seat fell vacant following the election of Pranab Mukherjee as the President of India.
Abhijit won the bypoll as a Congress candidate. Earlier, he was a first-term member of the West Bengal Assembly.
BJP leader Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand, also took oath as member of the Lower House.
Shah, also a first-term member, won the bypoll which was necessitated as the Tehri Garhwal seat fell vacant after the resignation of Vijay Bahuguna who was named as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.