President's son takes oath as MP
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, today took oath as a first time member of the Lok Sabha.
Abhijit, who won the bye-election to the Jangipur Parliamentary constituency, took oath in English and in the name of God.
The bypoll was necessitated as the seat fell vacant following the election of Pranab Mukherjee as the President of India.
Abhijit won the bypoll as a Congress candidate. Earlier, he was a first-term member of the West Bengal Assembly.
BJP leader Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand, also took oath as member of the Lower House.
Shah, also a first-term member, won the bypoll which was necessitated as the Tehri Garhwal seat fell vacant after the resignation of Vijay Bahuguna who was named as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.