Pressure mounts on the fiscal as GDP estimates slip
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
Meanwhile, the country's per capita income, a gauge for measuring living standard, is estimated to have gone up 11.7 per cent to Rs 5,729 per month in 2012-13 at current prices, compared with Rs 5,130 in the previous fiscal. But the estimated rate of growth in per capita income for the current fiscal, however, is lower than the previous fiscal when it grew by 13.7 per cent.