Preview: Delhi Daredevils vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: India steady after losing Ajinkya Rahane early
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights in UP: Modi
- 103 crorepati candidates in Odisha's 70 Assembly seats: report
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR filed against Amit Shah for 'badla remark'; Modi to file nomination papers from Vadodara LS seat
It hasn't been a good tournament for the star-studded Delhi line-up. Having lost all their matches so far, the team needs to get their act right against disciplined Sunrisers.
One common thing in all defeats has been failure at the top of the order. The duo of Unmukt Chand and David Warner has not clicked so far. Warner is looking good but the aggressive opener is not getting enough support from the other end.
Apart from the opening, their middle-order, without the services of injured Kevin Pietersen and Jesse Ryder, looks very fragile. Skipper Mahela Jayawardene did get into the groove in the first game, but it has not been a happy outing after that.
The pace heavy bowling line-up is not up to the mark either. A very one-dimensional bowling attack, led by Morne Morkel, has not been threatening so far. The lack of quality spinners reflects in the ease opposition is at during the middle-overs of the game.
Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra and Morne Morkel will have to share the responsibility of this attack and serve with early wickets. It will be interesting to see whether Mahela ropes in a specialist spinner in Pawan Negi for the Sunrisers tie.
If it hasn't been a good start for Mahela, Kumar Sangakkara led-Sunrisers Hyderabad have been promising in their fixtures so far. With a brilliant bowling attack, the team has the ability to restrict any team under 140 in this tournament.
Dale Steyn, Ishant Sharma and Amit Mishra inject a lot of variety into this attack, which will definitely hold an edge over a struggling Delhi attack.
The concern for the Sunrisers is not their bowling, but the batting which lacks experience and presence of quality match-winners.
Sunrisers can't afford to relax and need to be on top of their game in all the departments.
- BJP divisive, Left's stock dwindling: PM
- Amit Shah booked for his “revenge” remark
- AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
- China search vessels find no clues for missing MH370 flight
- Army jawan arrested on charges of rape in Kashmir
- Lok Sabha poll candidates in MP use nicknames to attract voters
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death