Preview: India factory (manufacturing) index likely hit 11-month high in Oct
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Such a performance would be far behind that of Asian rival China where factory output growth for the same month rose at a faster-than-expected 9.6 percent annually.
Last week, data showed that annual economic growth continued to languish at a near three-year low of 5.3 percent in the quarter to September, keeping the economy on track to record its worst year in a decade.