Prince William, Kate expecting first child: Palace
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Britain's royal family announced Monday that Prince William and his wife are expecting their first child.
St James's Palace Monday said the Duchess of Cambridge — formerly known as Kate Middleton — has severe morning sickness and is currently in a London hospital.
The palace said since the pregnancy is in its "very early stages," the 30-year-old duchess is expected to stay in the hospital for several days and will require a period of rest afterward.
The confirmation of her pregnancy, following intense speculation ever since their lavish Westminster Abbey wedding last year, was greeted with congratulations.
Prime Minister David Cameron wrote on Twitter that he was "delighted by the news," saying the royals "will make wonderful parents."
Not only are the attractive young couple popular — with William's easy common touch reminding many of his mother, the late Princess Diana — but their child is also expected to play an important role in British national life for decades to come.
As the first-born to William — who is second in line for the throne after his father, Prince Charles — the couple's child will be behind William in the line of succession to the throne, Cabinet Office officials have said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today