Prince William may give up his role as search and rescue pilot after becoming father
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
Prince William is contemplating about taking up a new position in the army and giving up his current role as a search and rescue helicopter pilot after he becomes a father, a media report said today.
Prince William, 31, is weighing up a plan to move from his current role as an RAF search and rescue helicopter pilot to the role of adjutant with the Blues and Royals, part of the Household Cavalry.
His decision to remain in the armed forces is understood to reflect the desire of William and his wife Kate to raise their child away from the spotlight of full-time royal duties, a report in the Sunday Times said.
William, the second in line of succession, was commissioned into the Household Cavalry in 2006 after passing out from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
"A plan has been devised for him to return to his old regiment. He would retain his rank as captain and assume the role of adjutant, which would provide the grounding for possible promotion to major and command of a cavalry squadron," the report said.
As adjutant, much of his time would be divided between the Household Cavalry barracks at Windsor and Knightsbridge, in London.
Both the places would be convenient for William when he along with wife Kate move to Kensington Palace in west London with their new-born baby later this year.
It was revealed last month that the Prince would be leaving the RAF base on Anglesey where he has served since 2010.