- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Hailing from the first family of Bollywood – the Kapoors – Kareena wanted to be a part of Hindi films as long as she can remember. The actress, who made her debut in Refugee in 2001, has had her fair share of professional ups and downs but today, she has earned a spot in the top brass of heroines. While both her parents – Babita and Randhir Kapoor – belong to the film industry, the feisty actress has never relied on them to make her professional choices in life. And though she looks up to sister, Karisma, who was one of the top heroines in the 1990s, she has carved her own identity as a versatile actress on the basis of sheer talent.
Among the first actress in recent times to have worked with the Khan troika – with Shah Rukh in Ra.One, opposite Salman in Bodyguard and Aamir in 3 Idiots and Talaash – Kareena shares a warm relationship with all of them. Some of the directors she has repeatedly worked with and have become a part of her close knit friend circle include Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty. While she first acted in Johar's Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, she has been a part of his productions We Are Family, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu and forthcoming Punit Malhotra directorial venture. Meanwhile, Shetty cast her in the last two installments of Golmaal. She remains besties with Amrita Arora Ladakh, Tusshar, Akshay Kumar and costume designer-producer Sabina Khan. She fell in love with Saif Ali Khan on the sets of Tashan and having dated for more than four years, they tied the knot recently.