Principal suspended, no trace of accused yet
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The principal of Nazrul Satabarsha Polytechnic College at Rupnarayanpur in Burdwan was suspended on Sunday in the wake of an alleged gangrape of a girl student by three student union members.
Rituparno Basu, the principal of the college, has been suspended for the alleged lapse on his part, said Technical Education Minister Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay in Kolkata.
Meanwhile, Asansol Durgapur Commissionerate took over the probe and the Divisional Commissioner Subrata Gangopadhyay visited the victim's house and assured of quick probe.