Priority for Trans-Asian Highway, says Mathai
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition stable, must have consumed some tablets, says doctor
- Why is PM Modi silent on Dadri lynching? asks Opposition
- 'Arrogant' Nitish will return the money I will give for Bihar: Modi at Banka rally
- Terming Gandhi his 'inspiration', PM Modi bats for saving environment
- India's climate change goals - ambitious but achievable
The construction of the Trans-Asian Highway connecting India to other South Asian countries was a priority for the government, Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai said here on Friday.
"It is important to make this connection to the rest of South Asia, this is a priority with us. We have been discussing the highways with ASEAN and working things out. The stretch that we are concentrating on is the Indo-Myanmar stretch. The rest of the countries will have to look at their own stretches," Mathai said.