Private companies net profit up 4.3% at Rs 91,800 cr in H1: RBI
- LIVE: Ashutosh taken away for questioning; AAP gets EC notice over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
Net profit of private corporate sector in the first half of 2012-13 (April-September) was Rs 91,800 crore, up 4.3 per cent from the year-ago period, the Reserve Bank data showed today.
"Sales growth (year-on-year) further moderated in first half of 2012-13. The moderation was deeper in the second quarter than in the first," RBI said in the report on Performance of Private Corporate Business Sector during First Half of 2012-13.
The data is based on abridged financial results of 2,832 listed non-government, non-financial companies.
The sales of these companies grew by 12.3 per cent during the first half of the current fiscal to Rs 14.34 lakh crore, while the operating profit (EBITDA) rose by 4.9 per cent to Rs 1.88 lakh crore.
The Information Technology sector performed better compared to the manufacturing and non-IT services sector, maintaining its net profit margin at above 17 per cent in first half, RBI said.
Net profit margins for manufacturing and non-IT services sectors were at 5.7 per cent and 4.9 per cent respectively.
The net profit of manufacturing companies rose 2.4 per cent to Rs 61,200 crore in the first half, while services and non-IT companies had net profit of Rs 12,300 crore, down 3.9 per cent from a year earlier.
The net profit of companies engaged in computer and related activities increased by 18.6 per cent to Rs 18,200 crore.
Among financial companies, RBI data showed their net profit in the first half increased by 27.3 per cent from a year ago to Rs 8,500 crore.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students