Priyamani signs her third Kannada film
- Cauvery water dispute: Karnataka farmers protest SC order, Siddaramaiah calls for all-party meet
- Kashmir unrest: Youth killed as paramilitary forces fire pellets; toll rises to 75
- Rahul Gandhi UP yatra LIVE: 'Must secure rights of the poor, farmers'
- AAP leader Ashutosh hits back at NCW, says 'I am born in free India'
- Strong criticism of govt isn’t defamatory or seditious: SC
Badrinath all set to roll
Allu Arjun's Badrinath is all set to roll by the end of the month. Sources from Hyderabad reveal that Allu Arjun, who has had a big flop in Varudu and a hit in Vedham, is pinning high hopes on Badrinath, which will have a mix of action and entertainment. The film is to be directed by V.V. Vinayak and is produced by Allu Arjun's father and noted producer Allu Aravind under the banner of Geetha Arts.
Allu Arjun has done a lot of preparations for the movie, which includes learning some martial arts from Vietnam. The film will have Tamannaah as the heroine and will be made on a very big budget. Badrinath will start rolling soon at Kulu Manali.
Ithu Malainerathu Mayakkam renamed
Dhanush's Ithu Malainerathu Mayakkam, directed by Selvaraghavan, is now renamed.
The film, which has been in the news for a long time, has now got a new name- Maruvan. Selvaraghavan, who is also Dhanush's elder brother, has cast Andrea Jeremiah as the heroine. Originally launched in 2006 as a Karthi- 'Kathal' Sandhya starrer, the film was later put on hold. Selvaraghavan made another film Aayirathil Oruvan with Karthi. In the meantime, Selvaraghavan re-launched the film with Dhanush and Andrea, but it was again destined to be shelved. Now, Selvaraghavan has re-launched the film as Maruvan. G.V. rakash Kumar scores the music for Maruvan.
Upendra shooting in Dubai
Popular Kannada actor Upendra is in Dubai, shooting for his latest film Super. Being directed by Upendra himself, it will be a trilingual, with Telugu and Tamil versions in addition to the Kannada one. Produced by prominent producer Rockline Venkatesh, major portions of the shooting were completed in Bangalore and Hyderabad and now, Upendra and team are in Dubai in connection with song picturisation. Nayantara is the heroine of the film, which has music by Hari Krishna and cinematography by Ashok Kashyap. Upendra, who is doing the lead role, has also written two songs for the film.
- Reconfigure triple talaq debate: It is about individual freedom and equality
- Dalit empowerment could emerge through consensus not conflict, dialogue not dominance
- Raja Mandala: The myth of military neutrality
- Know your enemy: BJP is an authoritarian, not fascist, force
- Yunus Jaffrey made Persian literature accessible to generations of scholars
- S.R. Nathan was one of the architects of India’s relations with the ASEAN