Priyanka Chopra beats Big B, Khans on Twitter
- No fire NoC, Bhubaneswar hospital lost accreditation two months ago
- Four-tier GST structure proposed: low of 6 per cent to high of 26 per cent, extra on luxury goods
- Law panel seeks 1-year jail for parents who ‘abduct’ kids to foreign country
- Cross-LoC operations in past too, strikes made public as part of strategy, S Jaishankar tells panel
- Ayodhya takes centrestage ahead of UP polls
'Desigirl' Priyanka Chopra, an avid twitter user, has left behind Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan, and three Khans-- Shah Rukh, Aamir and Salman-- when it comes to garnering maximum number of followers on twitter.
'King Khan' was running ahead of the Bollywood lot but his 'Don' co-star soon caught up with him. Priyanka is now on top with 652,822 followers while SRK's followers are 649,515.
Priyanka follows 95 people on twitter including Big B,Shah Rukh and other industry friends while 12810 people have listed her on the microblogging website, which has become home to virtually every Bollywood star.
Interestingly, when it comes to Bollywood actress, no one is even near to Priyanka. Preity Zinta is the second female star from Bollywood to have the biggest fan following but her number is only half of Priyanka's admirers on twitter.
Zinta has about 390,080 followers while 'Om Shanti Om' star Deepika Padukone is third with 85,226 fans.
Salman Khan, who has been in the eye storm for his comments on 26/11, is third after Shah Rukh. The actor may have decided to quit twitter following the controversy but that has also seen an increase in his followers.
- Sharing culture humanises India and Pakistan, banning pushes both towards war
- Court has been remarkably kind to DGP Rathore, convicted of sexual assault
- Bob Dylan speaks to both the high brow and the ordinary folk
- Free competition and access to knowledge is the default legal norm for many a nation
- South Asia needs a feminist foreign policy
- Goa was a predictable photo-op, the real deal was the trade and aid partnerships