Priyanka Chopra named 'Sexiest Asian woman'
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Bollywood superstar Priyanka Chopra has won the 'Worlds Sexiest Asian Woman' crown, according to an on-line survey conducted by a weekly magazine.
Priyanka, 30, defeated reigning champion Kareena Kapoor and three-times winner Katrina Kaif to claim the crown of sexiest Asian woman on the planet this year.
"Priyanka Chopra secured top spot with Kareena Kapoor coming second and Katrina Kaif third," Asian weekly Eastern Eye said.
A permanent fixture in the top three in recent years, the beauty queen turned A-list Bollywood star beat off very tough competition from some of the most stunning women from around the world.
"It has rounded off a dream year for Priyanka, which included a starring role in super-hit film Agneepath, delivering a superb performance in India's official entry to the Oscars, Barfi and launching an international pop career alongside chart-topping singer Will.i.am," the release added.
Clearly delighted with the win, Priyanka said: "I'm hugely flattered. Who wouldn't want to have a title like this bestowed on them! A big shout out to everyone who voted for me."
Eastern Eye showbiz editor Asjad Nazir, who annually puts together the popular list and is chairman of the judging panel believes a dream year will give Priyanka the perfect platform to possibly becoming a Hollywood star in 2013.
"The sheer diversity of the projects that Priyanka did in 2012 combined with her close connection to fans online worked in her favour and added to her already impressive fan base. That is why she was able to beat off pop stars, TV personalities, models and fellow film stars," said Asjad.
The biggest surprise of 2012 was the number of televisionactresses from India who entered the list for the first time. 'Ek Hazaaron Kein Meri Behna Hai' stars Nia Sharma, who came fifth and Krystle D'Souza on 9th became the first ever TV actresses from India to crack the top 10.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express